Okay, first of all, the search for the ultimate pancake recipe is perhaps an endless journey, but I think I'm pretty close with this recipe. Let's face it, pancakes are really good no matter what age or mood you're in so a good recipe is a must in any household. Surely there is nothing better than a really lovely breakfast on a Saturday morning.
Today we're making classic American pancakes, grab a stack and let's go!
About 8 pancakes
- 3 dl flour ✔️
- 1 tsp baking powder ✔️
- 0,5 tsp bicarbonate of soda ✔️
- 2 tablespoons sugar ✔️
- 1 pinch of salt ✔️
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar or similar (optional) ✔️
- 3.5 dl yoghurt ✔️
- 0.5 dl rapeseed or sunflower oil (not olive oil, trust me).
- 1 egg ✔️
- Butter for frying ✔️
- Topping of your choice, butter, syrup, Nutella, jam, fresh berries, you choose!. ✔️
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix in film milk, egg yolk and oil (keep the egg white on the side, you'll need it later).
- Now for one of the important steps, whisk the egg white alone until it becomes stiff and fluffy and then mix it in with the rest.
- Heat a frying pan with a little butter, about 1 tablespoon, pour the excess butter into the batter, whisk and then pour 0.5 to 1 dl of batter into the frying pan.
- Flip the pancake when you see small bubbles on top.
- Enjoy with friends, loved ones and coffee, or by yourself, we don't judge!